Saturday, August 7, 2010

I Miss You Mom

I can't really believe it has already been 12 years since my mom passed away. I can still remember that night just like it was yesterday. It amazes me how often I think of her, I really do think of her almost everyday if not everyday. I read a book one time that said whenever you look at a clock and the time shows 11:11 that a angel is looking over you, I get chills up and down my spine when I look at a clock and it shows 11:11 on it. It's really weird how often I glance at one and it really is exactly 11:11. For some people August 6th is just a regular ordinary day, but to me it will never ever be the same. On Thursday, the boys and I had some errands to run and so we stopped by to get some flowers for the grave and then stopped to get a bite to eat before we took them up to the grave. As we were pulling up to Pizzeria, there was a funeral procession that was just starting from Myers Mortuary (the same place my mom went) the boys asked, "Mom, what are they doing and why are they stopping traffic?" a really weird feeling came over me as I was explaining to them, that all those people in the limo following the Hurst and the trail of cars with their lights on, well their life has just changed for them and it will never ever be the same. It makes me so happy that the boys are so willing to go up the the grave with me and pay their respect to a Grandma that they never knew. Kyle was only 18 month when my mom passed. I use to think that cemetery's were so scary but now I get such a feeling of peace when I go visit her. I know that with her condition, she is in a much better place.
Thank Heavens Ü

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Your mom was a wonderful lady and she raised two pretty wonderful daughters.