Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Elk Hunt 2010

Scott (Shawn's brother) Shawn and Gary (Shawn's dad) Not to shabby for a general tag! All three got a 6 point.
Cory (Shawn's good friend)
Well, It looks like I am going to have a freezer full of meat this winter. Good thing the boys and Shawn LOVE to eat it. Shawn and his family and friends have had a pretty successful Elk hunt so far. They had just a general tag for Wyoming and was able to harvest 3 nice 6 point elk. The hunt is still not over but Shawn's brother hurt his knee and had to come out so they may end up going back to get him one too. The boys were pretty proud of their dad and so far they are following right in his footsteps. They LOVE to hunt and are begging to go any chance they get. The deer hunt starts this weekend so who knows, we just might have to go buy another freezer! So much shopping so little time is all I have to say, I just tell Shawn to make sure he leave the checkbook home for me and I will be just fine :o)

3 comments:

Tracy said...

when we going shopping..those are some nice elk...holy crap its Cory havent seen him forever..

Jani said...

You name the time and place and I will be there Ü

The Green Family said...

Jani, that is awesome! I've seen some huge elk this hunting season, I swear I keep thinking all the big elk are out this season!