Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Miss Rodeo Utah 2011-2012

Ever since I was little I remember going to all the local queen contest with my mom and sister. Since my mom passed away my sister and I have kept the tradition! We had a great week together going to all of the Miss Rodeo Utah events as well as the Ogden Pioneer Days Rodeo every night! My sister still went to EVERYTHING while battling Kidney Stones! She was such a trooper. Wednesday- The girls had their first round of horsemanship. They each did a pattern on their own horse and then they had to switch and do another pattern on a different contestants horse. There were 13 contestants this year. Thursday- We had tickets to a Luncheon at the Ogden Marriott it was to honor Desiree Cooper-Larsen and Gina Blonquist Black into the Miss Rodeo Utah Hall of fame. They also honored the only mother and daughter Miss Rodeo Utah Geri Dawn Gibson Allred (MRU 1972) and Kaycee Allred Wolfey (MRU 1996) The girls had to do modeling and a impromptu to question. It was really fun to see how each of them reacted to the props and the questions. It was also fun to see who all their parents were. Friday- We went to speeches. The contestants had to do a speech about UTAH. I think it's fun to see what each of them come up with. It seems like I learn something new every year! It was fun to see the girls personalities shine. Saturday- Silent Auction and Fashion Show. I bid on a darling western quilt/pillows and my sister bid on some western jewelry we both lost but I figured with my $40.00 ticket that I was already giving a donation! The fashion show was incredible- It had a Disney theme and they had the stage decorated beautiful. The girls had to model several different outfits from casual to formal leather dresses. They even had to do a dance. Later that evening for Pre Rodeo the girls did their last portion of free style horsemanship. The girls had to make up their own pattern. They had 2 minutes to show off their talents. Monday- The new Miss Rodeo Utah was crowned at the Ogden Pioneer Days Rodeo. Jamie Udell Miss Rodeo Utah 2011-2012

No comments: