Thursday, August 6, 2009

In Loving Memory Of My "MOM"

11 Years ago to day my whole world changed. It was the day we lost my mom. For some people it was just another day-August 6th. As for me, August 6th will be a day I will never forget. It does get easier as time goes by but the tears still fall. I think what I miss most is all the things I miss out on now. I wish she could have been here to see my boys grow, I know she would be so proud of them. I find myself trying to do some of the things that she always did for me. I will share a few memories I have with her!
**I remember the time she super glued both of her thumbs to my hat band. She was getting us ready for a Queen contest and she decided to add a little flower to my hat band at the last minute and she accidentally glued both thumbs to it.
**I remember the evening drives we would go on. We would stop in at Zeb's and get a mini ham & pineapple pizza and small Zeb's salad to share, then we would go for a ride out in the country.
**I remember when she would get mad at my dad she would tell him to go climb a slippery weed!
**I remember her making homemade honey wheat bread and raspberry jam. She would make a bunch and have me and my sister take it to the neighbors right out of the oven - Just because.
**I remember being able to hear her cheering us on while we were at the rodeo doing the barrels. You could always here her voice in the crowd!
I hope you have enjoyed going down memory lane with me and I hope each and everyone of you that still has a mom out there to call her today and tell her how much you love her and appreciate her because you just never know when her time will come.

4 comments:

The Green Family said...

Jani-I'm so sorry that today is remembered like this for you. I loved reading your memories and it made me think of the fun memories I have growing up with my mom. Cory lost his father when he was really young and I always feel so sad for him and try to never take for granted my parents. You are a strong woman and I'm sure your mom is always watching and always proud!

dubb and dawni said...

Thanks for the memory's of MOM I remember every one of the things you listed and tons of other things, She was my HERO and I miss her tons.

Tracy said...

wow! 11yrs.. I remember her YUMMY bacon fried rice....She was such a sweet lady...

Candi said...

Jani: your blog made me cry. I remember so much about your mom and miss her. she was ALWAYS cooking. I remember taking 4-H from her and learning to cook after school. I always appreciated the fresh homemade bread.