Monday, August 10, 2009

Just Because.....

Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks? I have been an emotional mess lately and been kinda feeling sorry for my self. Today, Shawn called me at work and I just started to cry. I wish those kinds of things could take place at home but sometimes the faucet turns on and there is no stopping it. I got it all out and gathered myself together and was ready to get back to working when I got an instant message saying there was a delivery at the front desk for me. As I walked down the stairs I was thinking that maybe she had me mixed up with someone else so I made sure to read the envelope first and sure enough it was a special delivery just for me!! Shawn has gotten alot better in his older years with the just because gifts! I think it helps when he has the boys with him because every once in a while they talk him into bringing me home my favorite brand of candle from Smith & Edwards. When the boys seen the flowers tonight they said:
Kolt: Who's are they?
Me: There mine
Kolt: Who gave them to you?
Me: Dad
Kolt: Why would he want to do that?
Then when Kyle seen them he said, WOW Mom I didn't think dad would even think to do that!
Thanks Shawn for sticking with me and getting me through a rough week! The flowers are gorgeous!

2 comments:

dubb and dawni said...

high five Shawn...thanks for makin my sista feel good !!

Unknown said...

Wow, you lucky dog!!! They are awesome. I'm glad you could get a little pick me up, you deserve it.