Saturday, July 24, 2010

Miss Rodeo Utah- Queen Contest

Public speaking John Wayne Schultz singing at the fashion show. Chris Wade Miss Rodeo Utah 2009 Western DressesRed, white & blue outfits Chris came out on a real horse and a flag at the very end of the fashion show. It was awesome. My sister and I have had such a fun week at all the Miss Rodeo Utah queen contest activities. It is amazing all the hard work and money spent on these girls to prepare them for this week long contest. We started Tuesday afternoon with the first 2 go rounds of horsemanship. Thursday we went to the public speaking part of the competition and then Friday we went to the silent auction, brunch, reception and fashion show and then that evening freestyle horsemanship. We have been going to the Ogden Pioneer Days Rodeo every night too! My pictures of horsemanship did not turn out so sorry I can't show you any of that. I was not sure at the beginning of the Fashion show if they would allow pictures so I missed alot of that too :o( The girls had to learn several dances, they did a bunch of modeling and changed into several different outfits. They have to stay in a hotel the whole time and then everyday they have interviews, tests, and rehearsals to learn all the dances for the fashion show. They also have several different appearances and luncheons they have to attend. The girls are also required to attend the rodeo each and every night. Tonight at the Rodeo they will crown the new Miss Rodeo Utah 2010 and she will the represent the great state of Utah in the Miss Rodeo America queen contest in December at the National Finals Rodeo. My sister an I have been attending this contest every year ever since I can remember... I look forward to this fun week and the Rodeo all year long.

No comments: